Mayor of Divide 2018
Peanut, our adorable current Mayor of Divide, wants to let you know that TCRAS is now accepting applications for candidates who are interested in becoming the Mayor of Divide for 2018- 2019.
See below for more information.
There will be 15 candidates chosen to participate in the election.
To qualify as a candidate for the position of Mayor of Divide, the nominated animal must be sponsored by a local business or non-profit organization, in the Pikes Peak region of Colorado. If your application is accepted and your candidate is chosen to participate in the election, the fee is $200 for businesses and $100 for non-profits.
Please submit your application online, by mail or in person at the shelter, to be received no later than 5 pm on February 5th. Email at least one photo (to be used for publication, in a .jpg format, high resolution) to Amy@tcrascolorado.com
Your entry fee includes:
- Posters and promotional materials for the election that will include the candidate’s photograph along with the sponsor’s name and/or logo. These materials will be displayed at businesses throughout Teller and El Paso county, on the TCRAS website and TCRAS social media pages (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
- 2 tickets to Wild Whiskers on March 3, 2018
- a Featured Post on Facebook about your candidate and the sponsor’s organization
- Promotion of your candidate / organization at our Open House/Meet and Greet for the Candidates, date TBD.
- Celebration of your candidate’s and organization’s participation in the election at our Inauguration and Celebration on April 21st, including an opportunity to promote your business to the community.
If your candidate is chosen to participate in the campaign, you will receive a phone call before end of business on Friday, February 9th. Your entry fee will be due at this time and you will receive a packet of information to guide you through the process.
Shelter Location: 308 Weaverville Rd, Divide, CO 80814 Mailing: PO Box 904, Divide, CO 80814
For more information, contact: Kathleen Morand, Event Coordinator: Kat@tcrascolorado.com
Amy Elmont, Public Relations: Amy@tcrascolorado.com
Lisa Robertson, Executive Director: Lisa@tcrascolorado.com