Candidate: Ruby Roo
Sponsored by: Divide Feed
Species/breed: Dog, Rottweiler
Age: 10 years
Slogan: "A bone for every dog –
A treat for every cat –
A full feeder for every barnyard friend!"
Divide Feed has been a family owned Teller County business for decades, and providing healthy feed to so many of the animals here is a big priority for us. Participating in the Mayor of Divide Fundraiser has been such a fun, positive experience; we look forward to it every time it rolls around.
“If elected (and even if I’m not) I promise to inspire my coworkers at Divide Feed to carry nutritious and delicious food and treats for all of my friends: old, new, and ones I haven’t even met yet. I will always make sure the dogs and cats (and reptiles, and small pets, and horses, and livestock) of Teller County have access to a diet that supports a happy, healthy life. And you can hold me to it!” -Ruby Roo
History / Biography of the Candidate:
If we wrote a biography about this dog, it would be titled “My Best Friend Ruby” - because she really is a best friend to everyone she meets, humans and animals alike. Since moving to Woodland Park in 2013, she’s made so many friends: her mom & dad obviously, her family tortoise shell cat & sulcata tortoise, lots of dogs, horses, bunnies, chickens, cows, lambs, even an ornery old goat! Then, when she started working at Divide Feed at 2017, she added all of our wonderful customers and their dogs to her collection of best friends. Finally, over the past year or so, Ruby has picked up playing disc golf with her parents and, no surprise here, has made a few new friends on the course. In her 9 wonderful years with us, Ruby has shown that she knows how to be just the kind of friend you need.
Candidate’s favorite activities:
Ruby loves tearing apart and then endlessly grooming her stuffy toys, hiking with her cat Tonks, napping in the sunshine while her tortoise grazes nearby, eating goat milk ice creams, playing disc golf with her dad, running amuck with her friends, but most of all - seeing her friends at Divide Feed (and of course asking them for ear scratches and fish skins).
Quirks, funny things about the Candidate:
1. Roo loves dressing up: sweaters are a must-have fashion item, she insists on wearing her jacket in the snow or else her paws get too cold (yeah, you read that right), and you’ll never ever catch her without a bespoke bandana around her neck.
2. She can’t howl without it turning into a yawn.
3. Ruby eats a fresh food, species appropriate diet. She’s a very healthy girl because of it; but the best part is how the natural sources of protein and fatty acids keep her limber and full of energy so she can go on long hikes every weekend, even at the ripe old age of 10.
4. We’ve gotta be honest, she might not be 10 quite yet, depending on when you’re reading this. She’ll be celebrating her 10th birthday on February 24th!
5. Ruby loves her small friends the most. She keeps a watchful eye on Stormy the Bunny when he comes into work, she grooms her cat every day when she gets home, and she takes treats ever so gently from kiddos when they visit her at Divide Feed.
Follow Ruby on her adventrures at her personal instagram! @gooddogruby