The Teller County Regional Animal Shelter operates entirely on volunteer effort and donations! Without your help, we would be unable to help these loving animals find a home. Every new year presents new and growing challenges for the volunteers and animals of TCRAS. Donate today and help change a life forever!
YOU are the solution!! With your support, not only are you helping the wonderful animals at our shelter, but you are helping our efforts grow to reach out and change even more lives through our care and volunteer efforts! Every dollar you donate goes toward growing our shelter, caring for our precious animals, and finding new lifelong homes for so many thankful and faithful companions.
Every donation makes a big difference to our small but mighty shelter!! We strive to make sure the animals in our care are happy, healthy and loved. They are a part of our family until they get one of their own!!
Donate Your Time
As TCRAS grows, we need more helping hands to change the lives of our animals. If you ever want to make an even larger impact than simply donating funds, consider volunteering at TCRAS. Come meet the team, care for our wonderful animals, and make a life-changing difference in an animals life! We are always looking for new volunteers, foster families and more!
Shared from the ASPCA website:
"The welfare of an animal includes its physical and mental state and we consider that good animal welfare implies both fitness and a sense of well-being. Any animal kept by man, must at least, be protected from unnecessary suffering."
To that end, TCRAS works to support the Five Freedoms for every animal -
1. Freedom from Hunger and Thirst by ready access to fresh water and diet to maintain health and vigor.
2. Freedom from Discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
3. Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
4. Freedom to Express Normal Behavior by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind.
5. Freedom from Fear and Distress by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
We can only do this with your support!! There are so many ways to help support TCRAS!
*ADOPT * FOSTER * VOLUNTEER * DONATE * EDUCATE